Child and Family Action Workers
Hello, we are Penelope Oliver and Philly Roberts. We are the Child and Family Action Workers (CAFAW) for your school. Essentially, our role is to focus on the emotional well- being of the child. Parents/carers and teachers can make a referral to the CAFAW department if they feel that a child needs a little extra support to cope during a tricky period in their life. We also offer support to parents and carers.
We can help in a number of ways:
- 1:1 bespoke support for individual children
- Sand Play, Drawing and Talking Therapy sessions
- Small group work to boost self-esteem, resilience, encouraging a growth mindset, offering strategies/skills for children to transfer into real life situations.
- Signposting/referring adults or children to other services to help with parenting, housing, domestic abuse, bereavement and mental health difficulties.
- 1:1 parenting support/in house parenting courses
- In house Relax Kids Programme for parents/carers and child to further develop and nurture a close bond.
- Outdoor Learning Programme
- Adult Education