Welcome to Foundation Stage!
What are the expectations of EYFS?
· We expect Foundation Stage to have lots of fun!
· We expect Foundation Stage to respect others and be kind to their peers.
· We expect Foundation Stage to have a positive attitude to their learning and support those around them.
· We expect children to become more independent as the year progresses by…
1. Change their reading books by themselves.
2. Get dressed by themselves, toilet themselves and do up their coat
What will EYFS be learning this year?
During Term 1 our topic will be ‘Superheroes’, where we will be learning about our bodies, healthy eating and our families.
In term 2 our topic is ‘Let’s Celebrate’, where we will be learning about different celebrations.
In term 3 we will learn about different animals in our ‘Amazing Animals’ topic.
Our topic in term 4 will be ‘Dinosaurs’ where we will explore when and where dinosaurs lived.
We will learn about ‘Fairytales’ in term 5.
Finally as we prepare the children for their transition into year 1, our topic will be ‘My Wonderful World’.
Which days do EYFS have Physical Development?
EYFS will have outdoor PD on Wednesday's up until Christmas. Please make sure all children have all of the correct PD kit with them on these days – indoor and outdoor kits.
What are homework expectations in EYFS?
Throughout the year we encourage all children to read each night and the children will change their reading books everyday. EYFS are also given Letters and Sounds homework on a Friday which is due to be handed in on Monday. After Christmas this will change to a Monday when they will have spellings and English homework to be handed in on Friday.
We will also send home Maths challenges each term after Christmas.
When do EYFS’s reading records have to be handed in to the teacher?
Please make sure your child’s reading record is in school every day. Your child’s class teacher will collect it in once a week.
Will my child be going on any trips this year?
Please check our termly letter and tweets about trips.