Welcome to Year 3!
What are the expectations of Year 3?
We acknowledge that Year 3 is big step for some children and therefore ease children in gently, building each week until Christmas.
• We expect Year 3 to arrive on time with a positive attitude for learning.
• We expect Year 3′s work and behaviour to be of the highest standard.
• We expect every child to respect the Catholic ethos of the school.
• We expect every child to respect other children and all members of staff.
• We expect all children to have the correct school uniform, including the correct footwear.
• We expect Year 3 to wear their uniform properly and treat their uniform with respect. Uniform should be clearly labelled with your child’s name to avoid any items being lost.
• We expect children to have lots of fun whilst learning.
What will Year 3 be learning this term?
• Please see Year 3′s teacher newsletter for curriculum and dates for the diary.
Which days do Year 3 have PE?
• Year 3 will have PE on a Thursday and Friday every week. Please make sure all children have all of the correct PE kit with them on these days – indoor and outdoor kits.
When do Year 3 have homework?
• Year 3 are given weekly homework on a Friday - English and Maths. This should be returned with homework diaries on the following Thursday. Occasionally we will set homework projects (usually over a half term or longer) which are designed to engage children in the current or new topic.
When do Year 3′s reading records have to be handed in to the teacher?
• Reading books can be changed every day (or as needed), once shown children are expected to do these themselves. Some children will be daily readers with an adults, others will be frequent readers so read with up to three times a week. Reading records should be handed in on a Thursday, but every day if possible so that we are able to read with your child.
Will my child be going on any trips this year?
• Yes, your child will be going on trips. We have annual trips to Waitrose, the Literature festival and the Science Festival as well as trips later in the year that will support the learning of our topic.