What are the expectations of Year 4?
• We expect Year 4 to arrive on time with the correct attitude for learning.
• We expect Year 4′s work and behaviour to be of the highest standard.
• We expect every child to respect the Catholic ethos of the school.
• We expect every child to respect other children and all members of staff.
• We expect all children to have the correct school uniform, including the correct footwear.
• We expect Year 4 to wear their uniform properly and treat their uniform with respect. Uniform should be clearly labelled with your child’s name to avoid any items being lost.
What will Year 4 be learning this term?
• Please see Year 4′s teacher newsletter for curriculum and dates for the diary.
Which days do Year 4 have PE?
• Year 4 will have PE on Monday and either Wednesday or Thursday. Please make sure all children have all of the correct PE kit with them on these days – indoor and outdoor kits.
When do Year 4 have homework?
• Year 4 are given weekly homework on a Monday and Wednesday. On Monday they will be given English homework and on Wednesday Maths homework.
When do Year 4′s reading records have to be handed in to the teacher?
• Every Friday. If your child is on daily or frequent readers they also need to bring their books in every day.
Will my child be going on any trips this year?
• Yes, your child will be going on trips. Our trip in the Autumn term is to the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford.