Welcome to Year 5!
Who works in Year 5?
Mrs S Cross – Butterwell Class
Miss C Lane- Honeybourne Class
Mrs M Owen- PPA Butterwell Class
Mrs S Dyer- PPA Honeybourne Class
Teaching assistants: Mrs S Samways, Mrs A Chamberlain, Mrs T Wood, Mr D Ganner,
What are the expectations of Year 5?
• We expect Year 5 to arrive on time with the correct attitude for learning.
• We expect Year 5′s work and behaviour to be of the highest standard.
• We expect every child to respect the Catholic ethos of the school.
• We expect every child to respect other children and all members of staff.
• We expect all children to have the correct school uniform, including the correct footwear. Children will be doing PE twice a week but the days may vary, so they should always have their PE kit in school.
• We expect Year 5 to wear their uniform properly and treat their uniform with respect. Uniform should be clearly labelled with your child’s name to avoid any items being lost.
What will Year 5 be learning this term?
· Please see Year 5 curriculum overview.
When do Year 5 have homework?
· Year 5 are given weekly homework on a Monday and Wednesday. On Monday they are given English & Spelling homework and on Wednesday Maths homework.
· They are also required to read and practice their timetables facts six nights out of seven.
Will my child be going on any trips this year?
· Yes, your child will be going on trips. In the Autumn term we will be going to Bishops Wood to find out how Saxons lived and built their settlements. We will also be going to Waitrose for a food technology session and to the Literature Festival to hear Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell. Additionally, during the autumn term, we will be going to Kingswood for a residential trip. We will continue to have topic related visits over the remainder of the year including our annual visit to the Science Festival.