Our School Council is a group of students who have been elected to represent the views of all pupils. The aim is to discuss things that are going well in school and things we want to improve to make our school even better.
Members of the school council are responsible for:
- carrying out the ideas that have been agreed, such as planning charity events, leading assemblies, writing articles for the school newsletter, or even sorting out questions to interview prospective new staff!
- Minutes of all meetings are shared with the whole school community and representatives attend a Senior Leadership Meeting a couple of times a year to share the strategy of the school from a staff and pupil perspective.
- A big part of the school council’s job is to be ambassadors for Online Safety, something which is VERY important in our school. We have a Year 6 as our Online Safety Champion. Their role is to keep up-to-date with the latest Online Safety news and then to pass it onto the rest of the school. This good work was celebrated recently when the school achieved a 360 degree Online Safety award! CLICK HERE to see our other awards.
- School Council members have to inform their class on decisions made and ensure they put forward all the pupils' ideas.
What our School Council has done so far this year:
• Organise and lead playground games
• Set up Merit Shop for the whole school
• Supported Friends Of St Gregory’s in planning fundraising events
As always, our School Council members are excellent and a credit to the school.