Y4 Preparation & Transition
View our Transition Year 4 2020 doc
What do we hope children can do as learners before Year 4?
- Know their 2, 5, 10, 11, 3 times tables and inverse.
- Punctuate sentences accurately with full stop and capital letter as a minimum.
- Read regularly and be able to discuss what they’ve read.
- To use problem solving skills to think through situations for themselves more independently. e.g. no paper, pencil = go and get one from spare drawer or borrow from a friend.
- To spell and read all 100 High Frequency Words.
What will Year 4 be learning this year?
- Autumn Term – Tomb Raiders.
- Spring Term – Rotten Romans
- Summer Term – The Abominables
Which days will Year 4 have PE?
- Coberley class have PE on Tuesdays and alternate Thursdays and Fridays.
- Teddington class have PE on Mondays and alternate Thursdays and Fridays.
- Please make sure all children have all of the correct PE kit with them on these days – indoor and outdoor kits.
Will my child be going on any trips this year?
Yes, your child will be going on trips. So far we have planned in the following:
- Tuesday 10th September - Egyptian Wow Day –dressing up clothes required
- Thursday 7th October - Portals
- Monday 25th November - Synagogue visit
- 13th March - Teddington Class Mass
- Tuesday 17th March - Chedworth Roman Villa
Details about each trip will be sent home with more details nearer the time.ion