In computing, we aim for all of our children to see themselves as computer scientists. We endeavour to inspire a sense of curiosity in our children and develop their enthusiasm for computer science, recognising that the skills and knowledge they learn through computing can be used to have a positive impact on God’s world around them.
Computing Statement of Implementation:
We follow the National Programme of Study for Computing 2014. We teach The National Curriculum through these vehicles:
- Inclusion through teaching for mastery – ensures our children cover the same content through a mastery approach, enabling all children to achieve their true potential through careful support and scaffolding.
- Metacognitive and retrieval opportunities – enables our learner to embed knowledge to become ‘understanding’ and to apply methods of transferring knowledge from children’s working memory to their long term memory.
- Oracy, vocabulary and reading for pleasure – are built across the curriculum to aid metacognition and teaching for mastery. (Appendix 1 – progression of vocabulary document)
- Catholic Social Teaching – helping our children be givers rather than takers of society.
- Growth mind-set – helping the children be the very best they can be with high aspirations for themselves and others. This gives them a better awareness of how they learn, the emotions linked to this and the transferable learning skills needed to reach their potential.
- Restorative practice – helps our children to develop stronger relationships, and become problem solvers within these so that they are resilient to overcome adversity within their lives.
- Extracurricular opportunities – provides a wide range of addition experiences for the children to inspire them within their learning. This also enables us to seek out and develop the talents in every child (coding club with specialists, digital leading club, coding trip to The Cyber Hub, School Council, Online Safety Week assemblies and visitors).
Read our Computing Subject Vision and Intent Curriculum report below in full. Please also visit our Policy page to view the following policies:
Computing Online Acceptable Use Policy
E-safety rules - Polish
Online Safety Information