Our Tesco Bags of Help grant scheme for the Eco-Hub has been successful and our project will be put forward to customers to vote in Tesco stores from Wed 1st Jan to Tues 31st Mar 2020. The project with the highest number of votes across our region will receive £2,000, the second placed project £1,000 and the third placed project £500.
So when you receive the blue coin after you shop please VOTE for our Eco learning Lab.
The store involved are:
Bishops Cleeve GL52 8LR Superstore
Cheltenham GL51 8JQ Superstore
TEWKESBURY METRO GL20 5LQ Metro
CHELTENHAM HIGH ST EXP GL50 3HJ Express
CHELTENHAM HEWLET EXP GL52 6UJ Express
QUEENS RD CHELTHM EXP GL50 2NH Express
For more information on our Eco Learning Lab please keep reading!
• …in Cheltenham, an affluent town, approximately 13.4% of children are ‘living in poverty’?
• …the number of exclusions in Cheltenham schools has remained above the county, regional and national levels and
is continuing to rise?
• …there is a strong correlation between poverty, poor mental health and risk of exclusion from school?
• The school would like to create an outdoor learning space by recycling shipping containers and turning concreted
areas into a wildlife space where the children will learn in various subjects.
• This area will be carbon neutral and use solar energy and rain water harvesting, teaching the children how to look
after their beautiful world!
• Learning lab will be opened out of school time to community groups to inspire them too.
• The total cost is £51,000. The school have been pledged £25,000 if they can find match funding to be able to begin
• I am Anna Katarzyna Manouchery. Both of my children attend St Gregory’s School.
• I would love to support this exciting project because it shapes children's future by enhancing their learning,
promoting eco-friendly lifestyles and highlighting the importance of sustainable living. It addresses the widening inequality gap because it is for all to use and learn together, irrespective of background. It is also for use by other community groups further afield than the school. For these reasons, I will be undertaking my sponsored trek to raise money towards this courageous venture!
• I will be leaving to undertake my trek on 13th October 2019 and I am planning to reach Annapurna Base Camp in
• This is the most physically and mentally ambitious project I have ever taken on, especially as I was not really an active person prior to setting this goal. I see this trek as a once in a lifetime adventure!
• I am trekking to influence the future of all of our local children and highlight the impact the widening inequality gap has on the community.
Join me in both trekking and fundraising adventures by supporting the cause and donating via the link: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/learning-outdoors-project?utm_id=1&utm_term=3BN8jxJw9