Y2 Preparation & Transition
Visit or Transition Year 2 2020 document
Upon entering Year 2 we hope that the children will be able to…
- Ask for help and explain why they are stuck
- Ask to go to the toilet appropriately and in good time
- Look after belongings and put them in the right place
- Choose the resources they need for a game or activity
- Choose a new reading book
- Change clothes for PE and zip up coat with limited support
- Work sometimes without an adult - independently
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude to try new things
- Bounce back when things do not go their way
During Year 2 we hope that the children will be able to…
- Be curious - formulate own questions to classmates and teachers
- Understand the importance of taking turns and sharing
- Find solutions when conflicts arise
- Change reading book independently
- Change independently for PE, with the exception of top button and tie
- Write first name and surname correctly
- Stick sheets into their book neatly
- Begin to use DUMTUMS - write own date and WALT in cursive script
- Take responsibility for own belongings
What will Year 2 be learning this year?
|Terms 1 & 2
||Terms 3 & 4
||Terms 5 & 6
Apollo 11 - First man on the moon; Neil Armstrong
Explorers; Edward Wilson & Christopher Colombus
Plants, Animals & Insectss
Which days will Year 2 have PE?
- Y2G will have P.E every Thursday and Friday.
- Y2S will have P.E every Monday and Thursday.
Will my child be going on any trips this year?
There are lots of exciting trips and activities to look forward to and enjoy in Year 2.
We would love to have some parent helpers; if you can spare even 30 minutes we would be delighted to see you.
Homework – Spellings will be sent home on a Monday to be returned and tested in school on a Friday.
Mathletics will be set on a Friday and due in the following Friday.
Reading is to be completed daily and signed/recorded in your child’s reading record.
Formal Tests – KS1 SATs and Phonics Screening Check will take place in June 2021.