St Gregory Digital Wellbeing Group
We have a very active Digital Wellbeing Group who plan and maintain Online Safety provision for our children, parents/ carers, Governors, staff and the wider community.
Digital Wellbeing Group Members
- Mrs Charlotte Blanch (Headteacher),
- Miss Kate Mortimer (Computing Cirriculum Lead)
- Mrs Hayley Williams (Online Safety and School Council Lead)
- Mrs Oliver - Lead Pastoral Practitioner
- Mrs. Lewis (Teaching Partner)
- Governor - Mr Holbrook
- Parent – Mr Jones
- Pupils – Digital Leaders Years 3 -6 and Smart School Council Reps)
Members of the Digital Wellbeing Group will assist the Digital Wellbeing Coordinator with:
- Developing and maintaining Online Safety provision within the school.
- The production / review / monitoring of the school Online Safety policy / documents.
- Regular monitoring of Online Safety incident logs, and then creating a log of incidents to inform future Online Safety developments.
- Ensuring that all staff are aware of the procedures that need to be followed in the event of an Online Safety incident taking place.
The key responsibilities of a Digital Wellbeing co-ordinator include:
- Developing an Online-safe culture
- Being the main point of contact on issues relating to Online Safety
- Putting together and leading an Online Safety team
- Raising awareness and understanding of Online Safety issues amongst all stakeholders, including parents and carers
- Embedding Online Safety in staff training, continuing professional development and across the curriculum and learning activities
- Keeping a log and reporting on Online Safety incidents
- Keeping up with relevant Online Safety legislation
- Liaising with the local authority and other agencies as appropriate
- Reviewing and updating Online Safety policies and procedures regularly