Hours & Routines
- 8.40am - Gates open and staff welcome children as they enter school. There is a "Soft start" which gives all children 10 minutes to enter into school before gates and classroom doors are locked.
- The register is taken at 8.50am and this is the official start to the school day. All children should be in their classroom and ready to learn at this point.
Morning classroom routine:
- Attendance and lunchtime registers
- Water bottles. Children bring in a fresh water bottle every day. If any bottles are left over from the day before they have to be returned to children to put into their bags. These children use water fountains until fresh water is brought in the next day.
- Children change into plimsolls/astros in the classroom or cloakroom and go out to play with a healthy snack - FS/KS1 10.20am -10.35am and KS2 10.40am – 10.55am
- At the end of breaktime the children must be collected from their line
- Children may keep plimsolls/astros on until the beginning of the afternoon.
- Prayers before lunch
- EYFS - 11.50 am -1.00 pm
- KS1 & KS2 - 12.00 pm -1.00 pm
|Afternoon classroom routine:|
- Children change back into school shoes
- Afternoon register
- 2.45pm - Collective worship and end of day prayers
- 3.05 pm - EYFS classes are collected at classroom doors in pre-school playground
- 3.10 pm Y1-Y6 children collected from main playground
End of Day:
At the end of the school day, children may only leave the school premises without an adult if they have handed in a note signed by a parent giving them permission to do so. We discourage this for children in school years lower than Year 6.
Children should be collected by a parent or another person who has been given permission to do so by someone who holds parental responsibility for that child. This is the case unless there is a court order prohibiting a specific person from collecting a child - in this case, the Headteacher should be notified as soon as the order is in place. The school office should be made aware of any collection arrangements that are different to usual so that the class teacher can be informed.
The official school week is made up of 32.5hrs at school.