Y1 Preparation & Transition
View our Transition Year 1 2022-23 document.
Upon entering Year 1 we hope that the children will be able to…
During Year 1 we hope that the children will be able to…
What will Year 1 be learning this year?
|Terms 1 & 2||Terms 3 & 4||Terms 5 & 6|
The Great Fire of London
- PE Kits; please make sure your child has the correct coloured t-shirt representing their house team.
- PE kits will need to be in school at all times.
- PE kits will be sent home at the end of each term for washing, please ensure it is sent back into school on the first day of the new term.
Will my child be going on any trips this year?
There are lots of exciting trips and activities to look forward to and enjoy in Year 1. Below are some of the trips we would like to go on next year…
- A trip to the woods to explore activities linked to our Stick Man Topic
- The Literature Festival
- The Science Festival
- A trip to Cotswold Wildlife Park
- Will my child have any formal tests in Year 1?
The children will have a Phonics Screening Test which will take place in June 2020.
- When do reading records need to be handed to the teacher?
Reading books need to be changed daily by the children. Please ensure reading records have been written in every night. These will be checked throughout the week so children must have them at school every day. Children are also expected to read every night at home. Please write in your child’s reading record about what they have read.
- Do children need to bring a water bottle into school?
Children should have a named water bottle in school every day.
- What happens if my child looses an item of clothing?
If your child's clothes are clearly labelled they will make their way back to the class. Unnamed items will be taken to lost property which can be accessed through the school office.
|We have so much fun at our Parent Workshops |
|Working with our families is very important to us.|
|What is important to us||Pizza Express Trip|